2021 is eTower’s 20th anniversary and to celebrate this milestone, we are raising a round of funding to propel us into the next 20 years of building successful entrepreneurs. Long-time eTower and Babson supporter, Professor Len Green has pledged to match donations up to $40,000. We are taking his challenge and levelling it up with a goal to raise $100,000 total by the end of 2021. Are you interested in supporting Babson’s young entrepreneurs? See below for more details on how your donation can impact our community and future careers. Visit eTower's website to learn more.
All gifts will directly support eTower's budget. Here are some examples of how your gift can have an impact!
- Community Events: 5.4% - Contribute to community dinners, lock-ins, recruitment, speaker, and networking events.
- Professional Development Fund: 28.3% - Fund residents to go to conferences, workshops, classes, certifications, or other professional development experiences.
- Common Room Enhancements: 2.3% - Contribute to making our living space an open, collaborative environment. Includes: new wall logo, repainting walls with IdeaPaint, speakers, television
- Business and Professional Travel Expenses: 9.5% - Fund residents to be able to travel to grow their venture.
- Seed Funding: 36.3% - Fund residents to pursue venture ideas. Includes: software purchases, marketing expenses, domain purchases, prototyping, software development, MVP creation, and more!
- Community Retreats: 22.7% - Each semester, residents embark on an off-campus retreat to strengthen our bond as a community. Contribute to our travel, rooming, and food expenses.
What is eTower?
The Entrepreneurship Tower, commonly known as eTower, is an undergraduate organization and living community at Babson College made up of entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial leaders who share a passion for innovation, action, and value creation on and off campus. Founded in 2001, eTower brings together the highest level entrepreneurs into one living community at Babson College. Through its development, eTower has become one of the most valued spaces on campus. Special guests and unique weekly events attract students from all over to eTower's common room. Since inception, eTower companies are valued at over $2.5 billion and employ thousands of people. eTower currently hosts 21 residents who are in various stages of pursuing their ventures and entrepreneurial interests.
About Len Green
Len Green is an iconic Babson professor and teaches Babson’s most student-requested course: The Ultimate Entrepreneurial Challenge. Len has a deep passion for helping develop entrepreneurial thinking and characteristics into his students, and his class is all about thinking outside of the box, making and presenting pitches, and working as a team. Len is a major advocate of creative conflict and allows the student’s to showcase their competitive nature in a strategic ways, which makes his class all the more exciting. An extremely accomplished entrepreneur as the Founder and Chairman of the Green Group, Len is also an active investor and advisor in a diverse set of startups and companies that include Blue Buffalo Pet Foods, Sobe Water, the New York Jets, and the number one horse breeding and racing company. Over the years, Len has been a tremendous advocate and supporter of eTower and our residents and alumni. Multiple eTower alumni speak in Len’s class every year and maintain extremely close relationships with him. Now, Len is once again showing his steadfast commitment and generosity to our community by granting eTower a $40,000 matching donation, and we are excited to begin fundraising over the summer and fall!