Kerry Murphy Healey Center For Global Healthcare Entrepreneurship
The Kerry Murphy Healey Center for Global Healthcare Entrepreneurship brings the power of entrepreneurial thinking and business know-how to healthcare. This has never mattered more than during this global COIVID-19 crisis. By making a gift to the center, you will immediately:
- Empower the work of our faculty and students who are applying Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® to address real challenges related to COVID-19 – from efficient implementation of telehealth, to addressing the health needs of remote patients and patients who are the most vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus.
- Enable programming that convenes healthcare entrepreneurs and healthcare practitioners, who are focused on addressing immediate needs by scaling effective technologies and businesses, and/or on pivoting existing businesses and resources during the COVID-19 emergency response.
If you'd like to fulfill an existing pledge or support another area of your choice as part of ONE Babson, please visit: www.babson.edu/givenow
New Tax Benefits When You Give to Babson
Donors can give to Babson with the benefit of the new Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act—which provides temporary charitable giving incentives.
- A gift to Babson in 2020 allows you to deduct up to $300 if you take a standard deduction (non-itemizing taxpayers).
- For those making significant cash donations (even from investments), there is a temporary suspension of adjusted gross income (AGI) limitations, allowing donors to deduct cash gifts up to 100% of your AGI in 2020 (as opposed to the current 60% of AGI). In addition, the deduction limit for corporations has been raised from 10% to 25% of taxable income.
- If you are over 70½, consider directing some of your tax savings gained by the waived 2020 mandatory IRA distribution to Babson.
* These provisions do not apply to gifts to donor-advised funds and supporting organizations. Please consult with your tax advisor.